Recombinant ß-Glucuronidases and arylsulfatases for improved analytical efficiency and higher sample throughput
B-One™, BGTurbo Glycerol Free & BGS™
- The recombinant design of the KURA products ensures consistent lot-to-lot quality
- The enzymes‘ high purity protects your columns, thus extending their lifetime
- No interference through secondary enzymes and contaminants
- Short incubation times at room temperature facilitate automated workflow
- Particularly suitable for laboratories with a high sample throughput
- Long shelf life – 12 months at 2-8°C or up to 3 months at ambient temperature
Both glucuronidation and sulfation play an important role in the human body. They are particularly important in the metabolism of various medications, drugs, and hormones, e.g., steroids. Both increase the solubility of substances, thus facilitating renal excretion.
However, glucuronides and sulfates impair direct analysis and quantification. To be able to detect the free analytes, ß-glucuronidases and arylsulfatases are used to cleave the conjugates from the metabolite, converting them back to the original substance.
Clinical and forensic laboratories use these enzymes to ensure accurate results when quantifying analytes by mass spectrometry, for example in urine. During this process, the efficiency of both ß-glucuronidase and arylsulfatase is highly dependent on the source and production process of the respective enzymes.