The ARK™ Topiramate Assay is a homogeneous enzyme immunoassay for the quantitative determination of topiramate in human serum on automated clinical chemistry analyzers. The measurements obtained are used in the monitoring of topiramate levels to help ensure appropriate therapy.
- Excellent precision, even in trough concentrations
- Fast and efficient routine monitoring for topiramate
- Liquid, ready-to-use reagents, calibrators and controls
- Storage at 2-8°C
- On-board stability for at least 60 days
- Does not contain any harmful preservatives, only ≤ 0.09% sodium azide
Topiramate (2,3:4,5-Di-O-Isopropylidene-ß-D-fructopyranose sulfamate) is an anti-convulsant drug approved for use in the treatment of epilepsy and is often prescribed as monotherapy or as one component of a multiple anti-epileptic drug therapy.
A therapeutic range for topiramate has not been well established. The proposed therapeutic range (trough sample) for seizure control is 2 to 25 μg/mL. There is an inconsistent correlation between levels of circulating topiramate to toxicity, adverse affect or clinical efficacy, which justifies the careful therapeutic drug monitoring of topiramate concentration in patients.