The ARK HS Benzodiazepine II Assay is a homogeneous enzyme immunoassay for the determination of Benzodiazepines in human urine at cut-off concentrations of 100 and 200 ng/mL. The assay efficiently detects both classic and designer benzodiazepines as well as the 7-amino and glucuronide benzodiazepine metabolites, without the need of pre-treating samples, thus minimizing false negative benzodiazepine screening assay results.
- Excellent sensitivity and specificity for the detection of both classic and designer benzodiazepines and their metabolites in human urine
- Cut-off concentrations at 100 and 200 ng/mL
- An addition of b-glucuronidase to reagent or sample is not required
- Minimizes false negative immunological screening results
- Liquid stable, ready-to-use reagents, calibrators, and controls
- Application protocols for all major clinical chemistry analyzers
Benzodiazepines belong to a broad class of CNS-depressant drugs known as sedative-hypnotics. They are prescribed as anxiolytics, sleeping agents, anticonvulsants, muscle relaxers, and also widely used for preanesthetic medication and to supplement, induce, and maintain anesthesia.
Although widely prescribed, benzodiazepines are also abused. Chronic benzodiazepine use can cause physical dependence, with withdrawal symptoms of insomnia, agitation, irritability, muscle tension, and, in more severe cases, hallucinations, psychosis, and seizures.
The ARK HS Benzodiazepine II Assay is designed to detect a wide range of classic and designer benzodiazepine compounds and metabolites, without the need for a glucuronidase pre-treatment.