The ARK™ Lacosamide Assay is a homogeneous enzyme immunoassay for the quantitative determination of lacosamide in human serum on automated clinical chemistry analyzers. The measurements obtained are used in the monitoring of lacosamide levels to help ensure appropriate therapy.
- Excellent precision, even in trough concentrations
- Fast and efficient routine monitoring for lacosamide
- Liquid, ready-to-use reagents, calibrators and controls
- Storage at 2-8°C
- On-board stability for at least 60 days
- Does not contain any harmful preservatives, only ≤ 0,09% so
Lacosamide ((R)-2-(Acetylamino)-N-benzyl-3-methoxy-propionamide) is a third-generation anti-epileptic drug. Under the drug name Vimpat®, lacosamide has been approved, since 2008, for the use in patients above the age of 16 throughout Europe. Together with other anti-epileptic drugs, lacosamide is used for focal epilepsy attacks with or without secondary generalization.
The mechanism of action of lacosamide has not yet been fully clarified. It is known that lacosamide selectively increases the slow inactivation of sodium channels, but does not affect their rapid deactivation. Thus, the pathophysiological neuronal over-excitability is normalized without suppressing the usual neuron activity.